In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weaver K10 Target Scope Manufactured

JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
What years were the Weaver K10 Target Scopes manufactured, weren't they first manufactured in 1949 possibly earlier and then subsequently into the early 1950's?
Thanks.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wever has mad at least 3 different designs of K10 scopes if you can give over all length and diameter of the turret caps I might be able to help.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Weaver has made at least 3 different designs of K10 scopes if you can give over all length and diameter of the turret caps I might be able to help.
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This scope is 15 5/8" in length with 1 3/8" width ocular and a 1 1/2" width objective and has 7/8" width turret caps and does not have the dual horizontal line for ranging which I didn't like or want anyway, hope that helps.
    edited November -1
    Hello I believe with the 7/8 inch turret caps your scope was made 1964-1984 the early ones before that had smaller turret caps and adjustable objective lens with a lock ring yours may or may not have adjustable lens but if I am correct it will not have a second /lock ring for the front focus. Hope this helps
    edited November -1
    Actually mine have the adjustable objective lenses and the 2 lock rings for the front focus.
    edited November -1
    OK lets try this does your turret cap look like a rounded top and smooth or is it like a cone shaped with lots of concentric rings . does the front adjustable ring have 6 screw heads around the outside of the ring 60 degrees apart? and the third thing does your Turret have a flat area behind the each cap with a screw and another screw at 45 degrees to the two Caps? You have the second type if turret caps have concentric circles NOT a 1950's vintage.
    edited November -1
    Don't have the scopes in front of me at present, although I know that the turret caps are flat with concentric circles like a bullseye on the top of each cap and the adjustable ring has 6 screws I believe; however I don't recall any screws outside the turret caps.
    From talking to some vintage scope individuals that work on and restore Weaver scopes along with other vintage scopes they could be early models from as early as 1949 or the early 1950's and will get back to me on that. Hmm Strange, as several others are saying just the opposite, where are you getting your information?
    edited November -1
    I am looking at the ones on my guns in my safe. early ones had small SMOOTH rounded top turret Caps. The 1960's models had the 7/8 inch with bunches of circle. also looked in my older Gun Digest and shooters bible.
    edited November -1
    Very well, but maybe an earlier/later variation of the scope perhaps having some of older version and some of the later version perhaps as I happen to own a rifle, scope and mount like this and it is all original.
    edited November -1
    Either way I will see what the scope restoration people say as well to see if they think that is what I have here.
    Thanks.