In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Leupold VX-III vs Sightron Big Sky vs Zeiss Conque

hummer126hummer126 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for something in the 3-10 range . . . any advice on these three options?

Comments

• WarGamesWarGames Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Zeiss has the best glass.
    They are all good.

WG
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Sightron S2 in 3x9. I am using it on a Savage muzzleloader, cranking out 3,200 foot pounds.
    I have had it for 4 years, it takes that pounding with no problem.
    Very bright, very accurate adjustments.

Sorry have no base of reference to compare to the other 2.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sightron, though a young company is a very good one. That would be my pick of the 3 you listed. Though I would opt for a Burris Signature in 3-12x oe a Fullfield II in 4.5-14, to stay reasonably priced. Other than that it would be a NightForce NXS.

Best
  • skyfishskyfish Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Sightron SII 4.4x14 on my 204 Ruger. For the price it is hard to beat. Can't comment on the others.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Burris Signature Select will trump all three.
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All good options. Quality order is Zeiss, Sightron, Leupold. (IMO) I use mostly Burris and Sightron scopes and am very satisfied with both. (also own nikon and leupold scopes but prefer burris and sightron)
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    The Burris Signature Select will trump all three.

I just bought a 4-16X44 sig select and am very happy with it.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the scope that best suits your eye and hunting/shooting conditions and then compromise. From your choices, all meets my minimum optical clarity requirement and other features. However, eye relief is critical for my old eyes and hunting/shooting conditions and I find Leupold's eye reliefs to be very forgiving. Most scopes on average has an eye relief of 3.0" - 3.5". My VX-III has 4.7".

Try them side by side - most gun stores have the tool to mount 2 scopes for side by side comparison.

BTW, the new V3s have better optics than the VX-IIIs.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting.