In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Smith & Wesson Information

wagneswagnes Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just got a Smith & Wesson 38 special model 67-1, Serial AFU4XXX and was wondering how old it is and what it is worth.

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was made between 1977-1988. We can't tell you much more without seeing photos.

The value of common guns can be found by going to the Gunbroker home page & clicking on the Smart Search link near the top of the page. Enter a description of your gun, select COMPLETED auctions, & SORT BY HIGHEST NUMBER OF BIDS. Look at the photos of guns that actually received bids, & compare them to yours.

Neal
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was made in 12-1984. Like Neal says value depends on condition.
    Being a 67, it could be a police trade in.
  • Boars HeadBoars Head Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [?] I have a what I have seen as called a "3rd model". It is a .32 Long Cartridge, six revolver. I ordered the book "The Standard Catalog Of S&W's", By Supica & Nahas, but I am a little impatient. Can anyone tell me the manufacture date? Serial No. is: 3575xx. -Thanks
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WE JUST LOVE YOU GUYS THAT HIJAK SOMEONES POST [:(!][xx(][B)]

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 1911 AND 1942 IS AS CLOSE AS WE CAN COME.
  • Boars HeadBoars Head Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:I]To wagnes: Sorry for 'hijacking' your post (first time-er). I'll start a new one next time. -C

Dick: Thanks for the info!

quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    WE JUST LOVE YOU GUYS THAT HIJAK SOMEONES POST [:(!][xx(][B)]

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 1911 AND 1942 IS AS CLOSE AS WE CAN COME.
    [}:)]