In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What do I have here?

easygoingeasygoing Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi,
In 1982 I purchased 2 Ruger Mark 1 .22 cal Pistols from a local dealer.
They each came in a wooden display box with Mag-na-port and the Mag-na -port bullseye stenciled on the boxes. They are a matched pair with only 200 produced. Mine are numbered 074 and 075. There is little or no info on the net to look at. The pistols are serial # 15-689xx and 15-689xx. 5 1/2" bull barrel, Clark match adj trigger, all lettering and numbers in gold, adj rear sight, Mag-na-port bullseye logo engraved on right side above and behind grip, bolt ears are painted or plated bright black with mag-na-port scripted in gold. The bolt is high ploished chrome.
I placed a call to Mag-na-port 3 years ago and they confirmed the consighnment.
They are still NIB and never been fired.
The bible and blue books have nada info on the pistols and any ffl's
locally have never heard of them. So any info anyone can provide to steer as to rarity, specs or value would be greatly appreciated indeed.
Thanks

Comments

• easygoingeasygoing Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Can Anyone tell me what model this gun is and possibly what it's worth? It is a .22 Long rifle. All it says on the barrel is "J.G. Anschutz GmbH Ulm/D" The stock has been re-finished. Any help would be appreciated.
    102_1559.JPG
    102_1555.JPG
    102_1554.JPG
    102_1558.JPG
    102_1557.JPG
    edited November -1
    Barreled action, .22 caliber LR, barrel is marked Canadian Mark VII 22 cal. Bolt action, magazine fed. Missing the bolt and magazine though.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they were made specifically for Ruger by Magnaport and this can be substantiated thru Ruger's records, they would have substantial collectors value.

If they were something that Magnaport just put together and sold on their own? Likely to have very little interest and value to a collector of Ruger firearms.

Post your question(s) with quality photos of the guns to the folks on the Ruger forum to get their input on this. Personally if these Ruger Mark I's are something that Magnaport just put together and sold on their own, I don't see them having great collectors value. Specially nowadays when everything is in the toilet, and a lot of folks are really hurting for money.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,702 ******
    edited November -1
    Have you called Ruger? They'll tell you exactly how they left the factory or if they were a special order.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.rugerforum.com