In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

beretta 96d trigger question

joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Ask the Experts
Can I replace the trigger of a 96d with something that is single action? Are all the 96/92 triggers interchangeable? Thank you, Joe.

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beretta can change that out to be DA/SA (I beleive)
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if all the triggers on the 96/92 are interchangable, but my guess is that they probably are.

Still, converting your 96D to a traditional DA/SA is a little more complicated than just swapping out the trigger unit, since I believe you'd need to install an external safety (which may mean an entirely new slide), and you'd also probably want to install a spur hammer so you can cock into SA with your thumb.

While I'm pretty sure these things could be done, I'm not sure doing them will be cost effective. Again, my guess is that it will probably cost you less money (let alone aggravation) to just sell your gun and buy one in the configuration you like.

If you want a 1911-like single action only that will let you go "cocked and locked", those do exist. I believe the original 92s had frame mounted safeties that would engage on a cocked hammer. There may be a more recent version that will let you do this, though I don't know of the model designation.