In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Enfield question

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited August 2010 in Ask the Experts
can someone tell me whether my enfield jungle carbine was blued & then painted or just painted?
also, is this paint still available & where might i find some with instructions for proper usage?
thanx in advance
barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm going to an estate auction tomorrow that lists "Savage 303, Canada & British 303 calibers, India 308's, Columbia & Argentine 30-06 and 7x57, 1917 Japanese Navy 6.5..."I'm assuming the 303's & 308's are Enfield's. Any suggestions about what to look for or stay away from?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the difference between a MK 1 and a MK 1*?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an Ishapore Enfield that's missing the front trigger guard screw. Can anyone tell me what size it is?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This may be a dumb question. I'm tearing down a Enfield to blast and finish. It's all apart except for the stinking screw on the right side of the peep sight. I've soaked it with kroil and heated it and the thing won't budge. Any ideas sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a Enfield No4 Mk1 Broad Arrow Marked, Ser # 14XXX Dated 1942. The side of the receiver by the gas port is marked
    ENG/UK. There is a U to the left of the ser # and what appears to be a M to the left of the date. It has 300/600 flip sight. Stamped under the barrel at the bayonet mount is what appears to be whpa. Leb. Oh.( Importer's Stamp ? ) Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Brits had Mark 1 rifles and revolvers.

If it's the revolver your inquiring about? The Mark 1* was the one that was double action only, you could only fire it by pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No its a rifle.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    SMLE's are the subject for a life time of study. As far as I remember the differences between a No. 1 Mk 1 and a No. 1 Mk 1* involve slight differences between butt plate (adding a trap to the 1*), magazine body and the keeper screw for the striker. I believe that there may also be minor differences with the sling swivels.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mark...is there anything you don't know?
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    now, i could be wrong, but i always thought the Mk1* were mk1's that were reworked with the newer trigger assembly...........