In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

absolutely incredible

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited August 2010 in Ask the Experts
I'll try to make this as short as possible, but I have to share.
I inherited 2 Great Western pistols. It was here on ATE that I learned of their, dare I say, rarity. Not the pistols exactly, but the fact that they were never catalogued in the .22 Hornet caliber. The word is there were only 50 of these made. These pistols BTW are as NIB with the grease paper, factory boxes etc. Therein lies the story.

I very recently found and joined a forum devoted to the Great Westerns. One of the forum administrators and I have been communicating via e-mail and he happened to inquire about the serial numbers. After learning of the SN he happened to ask about the numbers on the boxes I had. I had never paid much attention to much about the boxes other than they are the correct factory boxes. (also told to me by a member of this forum) I checked the paper on the boxes ends. They both have this brittle paper and the number on one was all there but the last digit. All 4 existing digits were correct, but we'll never know about the last. The other box serial number was all there, however. It was not the same as my pistols serial number. It was off by 3 digits.[:(]

My new found friend just e-mailed me and told me he knows who has the box that matches my pistol and, you got it, I have his. What a dang small world after all. Last word I had he is going to link us up and then we are going to make history. (at least to him and I) My now deceased DIL, I am convinced, is somehow behind making this happen.[;)]
I am still in shock. What are the odds? [:0][:D][8D]

Comments