In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saddle ring replacement

Rex MahanRex Mahan Member Posts: 529 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
How do you replace the Saddle ring either as an assembly or just the Ring. I have another gun that is missing the ring.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rex,

What model?

If you are asking about a Model 94, the stud simply screws into and out of the receiver.
  • Options
    Rex MahanRex Mahan Member Posts: 529 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im working on a 94 SRC. It has the stud still in it. I have some supposed to be original assemblys as well as some rings by themselves. I wasnt sure which way to go
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The only way to replace just the ring itself is to bend it.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rex Mahan
    Im working on a 94 SRC. It has the stud still in it. I have some supposed to be original assemblys as well as some rings by themselves. I wasnt sure which way to goYou often see Model 94 SRC's that appear to have had the stud and ring replaced because the stud no longer aligns with the "lines of the gun". Consequently, the hole for the ring is no longer perfectly perpendicular to the "lines of the gun" and the ring's movement isn't precisely front and back. In my opinion if the stud in your Model 94 is aligned perfectly with the "lines of the gun", then I'd only replace the ring.

Winchester must have indexed the stud to the gun before it left the factory; or at least it sure seems so.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!