In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Murata Shotgun

PoitcoPoitco Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
This is my first post. I Have a Murata Bolt action shotgun, I believe it to be a .410. Does anyone have info, a value? I have looked on the web and found one site, Nambu World: Murata Shotguns that is the only info that I can fine. All of the metal parts and the stock are in good condition and the bolt works fine. Would just like more info and a value if possible. THANKS
JIm

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be best if you could post quality photos of the Murata.

This link gives instructions for posting photos to the forum.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

The value of a ex military rifle that have been reworked/sportized into a shotgun is much less then if the rifle was left in it's original military configuration.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prior to WWII, japanese immigrants were settling in South America. Obsolete converted Murata rifles and some new constructed ones were sent to the settlers for hunting and protection.
    The rifles bring hundreds, but the shotguns just don't garner much interest.
    Sometimes you will find one on GB and their lies your value. Most rifles and shotguns lose their extractors pretty easy, so if yours is complete, that's a plus.
  • rivergunrivergun Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive had one of these shot guns for years; thought it was a Euro. 32ga until recently. after taking it apart I Found Jap. writing inside the stock. Mine has serial numbers and the #28 imprinted on the barrel near the reciever. shoots 32ga shot shells just fine except it wont extract them. Kills Turkeys better than my 12ga...lol
    If you ever find parts I need a new butt plate.[8D]