In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1934 or 1935 Berretta

propadopepropadope Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a Berretta model 1934, and pick up another one just like it, but there are no markings on the slide other than the serial #.
I thought it was a model 1935, but it is chambered in 380 acp, not 32 acp that the 1935 model was.
The gun is complete with matching #s, even the barrel
It has a great finish on it and wasn't rushed like the nazi produced 1935's were.
Any help would be greatly welcomed

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    That's the difference. The caliber.
    The '34 is 9mm Kurz and the '35 is 7.65. Since you didn't ask a specific question I don't know what you want to know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess my question would be,,, Are there model 1934's that were made without the slide markings.Are they rare?
    I can not find any with all the research that I have done.
    is it a late war production?
    The serial# matches with the 1935's that were late war produced
    I bought it for a carry gun, but if it is a rare gun, I dont want to
    scratch it up.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by propadope
    I guess my question would be,,, Are there model 1934's that were made without the slide markings.Are they rare?
    I can not find any with all the research that I have done.
    is it a late war production?
    The serial# matches with the 1935's that were late war produced
    I bought it for a carry gun, but if it is a rare gun, I dont want to
    scratch it up.

I have seen others similar to what you describe. They have been identified as you noted, i.e. being of late W W II production or of immediate post war. Here is one that I got off a site on the net. As they aren't uncommon, I doubt if it would have great collectors value.

As a aside I don't mean to criticize your choice of a carry gun, but from the ones I owned and shot they su*k. Trying to disengage the safety quickly is problematical, Also the burr hammer on mine cut the web of my hand badly during shooting.

ber_0006.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for your input
    is that the picture of a model 34?
    I do agree with your view on this being a carry gun, but it is not my main option.
    The gun I picked up is almost untouched. No wear and hardley been shot.
    My 1941 model 34 is a great shooter, and is great for 7 to 10 yards without using the sites ( not much there anyways )
    Am I trying to make it something very valuable? NO, but I do want to make sure I dont destroy something that might be close to rare.
    That is my intent with this post, and I thank all that comment
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the old Berrettas. I like the way they look and feel. I know that the safety-slide lock is wierd. But when you learn to use it it is OK. The first time you lock the slide back and start to scrub the bore it may disassemble itself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    from the looks of the ones like mine, mine is in excellant shape, and worth 5 x's what I paid for it
    Now I need to do extra research