In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Different Ejectors on Browning A5?

ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Light 12 "Made in Japan" Browning A5 made in 1982. It has 28 inch barrel Modified Choke. I acquired an 24 inch "Made in Japan" smooth bore slug barrel with rifled sights that's also stamped "Browning" This will not fit. My original 28 inch barrel has an opening at the center of the ejector which is mounted in a T-slot at the left rear of the barrel extension. The 24 inch "slug" smooth bore barrel has a solid, fixed ejector with no opening. "The Gun Digest of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part V: Shotguns" states in item #2 "The ejector is mounted in a T-slot at the left rear of the barrel extension and is retained by a riveted cross pin. In some Models it is solidly fixed, AND in others it has an opening at the center." Anyone know when Browning switched ejectors? What Model A5's used the solid AND which used the ejector with opening in the middle?
Thx,
ENBLOC