In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1940's Verses 1974 Wincheste 94's

ColtMikeColtMike Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have Two Winchester Model 94's----Would like Advise on Which One
I should Sell. 1974 Bluing is nicer, 1940's belonged to my Father Sentimental Value there. But may be worth More $

Any thoughts we be of Value

Comments

• Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep Dad's rifle.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would be no question to me. Keep your Father's Winchester. Sell the 1974 one. They aren't worth as much or as nice as Pre 1964 Winchesters anyway. Value depends on pics but even a 75% left bluing on a 1940's gun will be worth more than an 85% 1974 model. 1940's gun easy $500 and up. 1974 $350-$400 and thats high imo. But if you sell Dad's gun you can't replace it so unless you HAVE to I'd keep it.
  • Options
    ColtMikeColtMike Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ColtMike
    I should Sell. 1974 Bluing is nicer, 1940's belonged to my Father Sentimental Value there. But may be worth More $

Thank you all for the Information, Dads Rifle has Bluing mostly it Tact or Very Good Condition, Will Keep the 1940's (my dads)
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this were me, I'd keep Dad's gun regardless of condition/dollar value, because the sentimental value is "priceless".

In this case, I think its a "no brainer" because the 1940s era gun is probably not only worth more now, but will appreciate more in the future.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems you made the right choice. The newer rifle can be replaced, the one pops handled, not so much.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ColtMike

If the serial number on your Father's Model 94 is 1352066(or less), I can provide you with the precise day it was manufactured.
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    keep dads its worth more in your heart than 7 or 800 in your pocket.
  • Options
    Mod1892Mod1892 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to ask about whether or not to keep your father's rifle??? Hell yes. Use the other one to tie up tomato plants in comparison!!!

IMO
    Michael

Model 1892 / 61 Collector, Research, Valuation