In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Acier Special Browning.

nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
have a chance at Belgian Browning Acier special 15 gauge A5 semi auto. From the pictures it seems pretty nice with little wear. They want 600 for it. Im not really looking for it personal wise, just a way to make a quick buck maybe. Ive seen a lot of these go in the 600 range, but then again a lot of them near the 1500-2 range. I have pics that are ok pics, if you PM I can email them.

Just wondering if this something to even bother with.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're referring to a 16 gauge, rather than a 15 gauge Browning?

They were about the only 16 gauge shotguns, that sold really well on this side of the pond. I never could figure it out. These so called "Sweet 16's", were about the only 16 gauge shotguns, folks searched for and wanted.

Personally though, if it has any wear at all? Don't see you making any money on it @ $600. I could see one in NIB condition, selling for $1500/$2000 though.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Acier Special just means Special Steel; they are assuring you that the gun is made out of good material. Nothing to do with model or gauge or dollar value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah a 16 sorry. From the pics looks to be in great shape not mint. Saw the sweet 16 stuff and it's not that. For 600 probably get them down a little bit but doesn't seem like the gun to make a lot on
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444
    Yeah a 16 sorry. From the pics looks to be in great shape not mint. Saw the sweet 16 stuff and it's not that. For 600 probably get them down a little bit but doesn't seem like the gun to make a lot on

If it isn't the Sweet 16 Model. I would pass on it. 16 gauge shotguns, are hard to get rid of over here. Nothing wrong with them at all, just as good as any 12 I ever owned.

I've owned at least (3), 16's over the years. The only one I did good on, was a minty Ithaca. The other 2 were dogs, that wound up biting me literally. The CZ semiauto, was the hardest kicking shotgun I ever owned.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks it looks to be very good shape. Just something im not dying to own if I cant get my money back. Which looking at it and looking online Im guessing a 6-800 gun. So even I got it for 400, after shipping messing with it, not worth it.