In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armscor 1911 45acp

ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
What is your opinion of these .45acp 1911's? I can buy a "Scout" for $350 OTD. Yea or Nay? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There Philippine made guns. Sold under the Rock Island name, here in the States. Have built up a good reputation, over the years. And sell for more than that, even at the high discount dealers.

My guess at that price, it is that it's some Turkish off brand? I would hold off, until you can find out more about it. If it is a authentic Armscor made in the P.I.? Sounds like a good deal. Turkish not so much.

Don't get wrong, nothing wrong with Turkish guns. But I have seen some no name, no rep Turkish made 1911's, floating around recently. That I really wondered about?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe-snow. I will look and make sure it was made in the Philippines.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Armscor and Rock Island are the same company.
    If is one of the newer guns, buy it [;)]
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Charles Daly 1911 several years ago, those were made by Armscor in the Philippines.

The exterior finish was nice, but the internals were a bit rough. The only real negative was the safety broke in half after it was disassembled for a Cerakote job. I had it replaced with a better quality one.

If the price is right you can't really go wrong with one. It's certainly not going to be as smooth or nicely finished as a high-end 1911, but it should get the job done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for all of your input and information.
  • Options
    mrshortymrshorty Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    as did hot wheels toy cars
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I have them in .45 and 9mm. The .45 is one of the two most accurate .45's that I've had out-of-the-box, out of over 50 which includes many makes, including Colts.

And no problems with functioning or durability with these guns, in my personal experience.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to keep it as it is when you buy it, it might be ok. Finding aftermarket accessories that fit the Philippine, or South American made guns can be a chore.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I appreciate all the information.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't Armscor the old SQUIRES BINGHAM and owned by the same family?