In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Price check please

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a J.C.Higgins model 52 with a Sako action, I can not find it any where. Gun is easy 80% cal is 222. Can someone give me a ballpark of what it is worth. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Para Ordinance P-16 .40 NIB. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Colt Nat'l Match Gold Cup. Believe it is a 1986 mfg. (Series 80?) New in box. Want to be fair in my offer. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a friend that bought a 700 BDL 6.5 Rem. Mag in the late 70s. It is 90% condition. I told him I would try to find an approx value.
    Butch
  • Options
    edited November -1
    New in box, Taurus 4" Tracker, .45 ACP says he bought it in 2003. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Purchased in 1998, supposedly never fired with box, a Springfield V-10, 45 cal. either nickel or ss. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend has a Glock 19 for sale
    in the tupparware box with 5 15 rd and 3 10 rd drop free mags holster and 4 mag pouches

a Glock jockey has put a 3 1/2 lb trigger and polished all the internals $550.00 takes it all
    and yes i like glocks

Sportsman's Team Challenge
    http://sportsmansteamchallenge.com/links.html

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    If I may I would suggest a series 70 if at all possible over a series 80 they even make a NEW model 70 type IMHO because the series 80 has 2 features That are disliked by many shooters including my self
    EDIT both of these features are how the the pistol is fired the first combines two extra parts between the trigger and release of the hammer to strike the firing pin First off yes one should not rely on the 1/2 cock notch as a safety on all 1911 Pistols made before the series 80 Except those made during the 1930's - 1942 that were sold to civilian markets and some foreign contracts designed by a man named Swartz this design it incorporated the Swartz safety the standard Grip safety to act as a extra safety to unlock the firing pin it used a plunger but because Colt had to pay a royalty to use this design colt stopped making pistols with the swartz safety KImber used this design on some pistols as well as other makers because swartz was long dead before Kimber or others built pistols with this feature Instead Colt worked around this ROYALTY by making the Trigger itself move 3 extra pieces to unlock the firing pin on a series 80 This makes the trigger pull harder and not as smooth But again IMHO colt also changed the hammer so the 1/2 cock notch is no longer a NOTCH with Hammer hooks which does a good job of catching the hammer before it hits the firing pin if your thumb slips trying to let the hammer down the series 80 only has a shelve about 1/3 off of hammer fully down in it hoping hammer spring does not have strength to fire a cartridge from this only slightly cocked position
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perry-I hear you. What are these "2 features"? Maybe I should have mentioned the firearm has a nichol finish with orig. rubber style grips. This guy is an old timer that has taken a liken to me. He has several firearms I think he will be attempting to sell and I just want to be right with the man. Told me the paid $632 new in 1995.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Yes I am old school and many many people buy and love series 80 Colts.
    It sounds like this may BE as a friend THIS MAN wants you to have a pistol that means a lot to him . I on the other hand shoot in matches and the series 80 will only pass inspection WITH ALL PARTS INSTALLED AS PRODUCED BY COLT. THERE ARE AFTERMARKET kits that let you do away with series 80 parts to improve the trigger pull But you would have to replace the hammer also to go back to 1/2 cock hammer hooks to be legal sorry I opened a can of worms on something many people consider a MOOT point