In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P7M13 value question for HK collectors.

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
Have a question for HK collectors.

So You have two P7M13's that you are looking at.

One is in original box numbered to the gun,99%+ condition , 1991 manufacturing date, 2 original magazines , manual,HK cleaning tools.

second one is EXACTLY the same (99%+, made in 1991, 2 original magazines, HK cleaning tools, manual) BUT NO BOX.

In Your opinion , what should be the difference in value/price.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I only have one P7 and that is a M8 but I do collect colts both semi auto and SAA This along with interest in long guns I have found that for the most part the box will add valueto a pistol or rifle and with Long guns a Scope will also add value. However if you sell the pistol and the box separately or the rifle and scope Separately the two combined Sales will 99% of the time bring over the price of a package deal PISTOL WITH BOX / RIFLE WITH SCOPE It makes me sad But most times I will Break up a set and part it out. IT is easy if you sell on GunBroker as you can run two auctions but put in description If same bidder is high bidder on both items You will ship free this gets the highest Price on the second item "BOX OR SCOPE"
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would depend if your buying for collecting or shooting.

Personally I have bought a lot of NIB guns, as shooters over the years. Didn't care about the boxes, so just tossed them.

Guns bought as safe queens, by/for collectors. The big thing adding value, besides being factory original, NIB condition. Is original boxes, paperwork and accessories. Sometimes to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

P7M13's are uncommon collectors items, at this point in time. IMHO, original box would make it, more desirable and valuable to a collector. Would sell much quicker, and for more money with box.