In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester mod. 1400

smokeymt46smokeymt46 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if they made a rifled slug barrel or a smooth slug barrel for this model?

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a search and came up with an ad for smooth bore barrels (sold out). It says Winchester never made rifled barrels for this model.

quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Do a search, for a outfit named Hastings. At one time they sold aftermarket barrels for U.S. made shotguns. Believe that the barrels came from France.

Because of there gun laws over there. It was easier for them to acquire shotgun slug barrels with rifle sights. Than actually buying a rifle.

I thought of that, too, but didn't find any Hastings barrel for the Winchester 1400.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do a GOOGLE search, for a outfit named Hastings. At one time they sold aftermarket barrels for U.S. made shotguns. Believe that the barrels came from France.

Because of there gun laws over there. It was easier for them to acquire shotgun slug barrels with rifle sights. Than actually buying a rifle.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shot a 16ga for years with just a modified barrell, got decent accuracy, enough to kill a deer out to 75+yards, never tried for hole spitting accuracy, I put a set of open sights that clamped to the ribbed barrell on it for a little better sight picture than just the beads.