In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RIA XT-22 magnum

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
been waaaiiiitttinnnngg...anybody got any info ....???? no dealer i have been to seems to have a clue

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vaporware! Rock Island has been promising it for years. They even had a demo, at the shot show in 2016. None have ever hit the street, on this side of the Pacific, as far as I know?

My guess is that Armscor, which is Rock Islands parent company. In the P.I., has never got the bugs out of their design. To get the 22 mag, to work reliability on the 1911 platform.

I picked up the basic, 22 LR version of the same pistol. A couple of years ago in a trade. Works great, very happy with it. Steel 1911 frame! Way better than the pot metal phonies, imported from Germany and Italy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got a 22lr version several years ago...NICE.. wwwaaaiiiitttiiiinngg december 2016 guns magazine had full page ad for magnum ?????
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    got a 22lr version several years ago...NICE.. wwwaaaiiiitttiiiinngg december 2016 guns magazine had full page ad for magnum ?????

You might contact Rock Island's US corporate headquarters, in Pahrump NV. Maybe one of their customer service reps, can give you the latest straight skinny? From my perspective there not importing and selling them. Because they can't get the 22 mag to work reliably, on the 1911 platform.

Years back AMT were one of the first outfits, selling a 22 mag semi auto pistol. Although they were making a stainless 1911, at the same time. They brought out the 22 mag, on a completely different platform. To get it to function reliably. The chamber was drilled with holes so that the fired brass could be extracted with out being stuck in the chamber.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    had an AMT ...worked great..just had to keep the chamber and little holes clean...no biggee
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very few have been able to successfully market a semi- auto in 22 WMR, be it a rifle, or a pistol, and have it be reliable. Ruger, Volquartsen, and Magnum Research, are but a few that have had success, but they were all based on the magnumized 10/22 action.

I sold a few of the AMT's, and they were junk. If you have one that works, you are among about 5% of the owners that like them. For a 22 WMR on a 1911 style pistol, don't hold your breath. That demo model that RIA/Armscor had was a doctored GSG made sample, and they are made mostly of pot metal. They make firearms that are look cool replica's, that have a short service life.

Best