In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BYF P.08 Luger Originality and Worth

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Ask the Experts
Looking for some knowledgeable opinions on the originality and worth of this item. It belongs to a friend, and I have helped him list it on the auction side.

From what I know, it appears to be all there, not refinished, arsenal or otherwise, with OEM Holster, and accessories.

Any ideas?

Perry Shooter, Rufe-Snow?

EDIT1

This pistol, with the holster had been in a closet from the mid 1940's until about a year ago when the person who brang it back, passed away. It was taken out only to make sure it was preserved. I will try to get some more photo's up soon.

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/677556955

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't estimate either. Too many photos are dark or out of focus. They don't show the back of the grips, & you don't have a close up of the waffennamft on the loading tool. There is no description of the bore, & no photos of internal parts. The fxo mags are correct for this gun.

"Worth" is affected by conditions of sale; no returns, & no C&R, doesn't help.

Neal

EDIT: Thanks for getting back to us & giving us the auction results. Sometimes folks take our suggestions, sometimes not; I'm glad that it worked out for your friend. I'm not aware of anyone (other than a few dealers) who "certify" the authenticity of guns.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Neal 100%! Also the holster appears to be one of the modern repos, not original.

Might consider urging your friend, to revise his auction. Unless he can luck out with some guy, that just fell off the proverbial turnip wagon. Not going to sell, IMHO.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello there is a lot to like but I would need a hands on to even come close to stating a value Picture 25 worries me [:(]I don't like the machineing marks and what looks like defaced other marks. This is a late pistol some call Black Widow no straw.on trigger ETC markings . Also the first ffew pictures of holster does not look like made out correct material but latter pictures look correct but still for some reason sets off alarm for me You don't show chamber date anf proof marks very well Again may be correct But I would have to get a hands on U
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all of your opinions. This was certified as original...all of it, and sold for a fair price on the auction.