In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Steyr GB pricing help

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Ask the Experts
Can someone make some sense for me on Auarian made Steyr.GB pricing please. Somesell for 500.00 some way over a 1000.00 (?). Condition being almost the same. Are some more desirable than others?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Owned one for a number of years. Only thing that I can think of. Is that some of the last ones sold in the U.S. Had Gray?, military?,type finish. Supposedly they were from the original Austrian military trials. Or prospective military sales, of the early 80's.

Other than that, can't think of any thing else that would affect the price.

Got $600 for mine couple/3 years ago. Was not an easy sale. Even being a commercial model, in excellent condition. Availability of extra mags would have great affect on value. Spare original GB mags, are hard to come by, and very expensive.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In general yes some cartridge/caliber can command substantial premiums for reasons like rarity or performance. Maker can influence the price example Browning Belgium or Japan.

Prices are subject to who looking to buy at the time. Perhaps about 20 years ago I was acquiring various things to complete my Lyman 310 collection. At an action was a tap in Lyman full length sizer in 45-70. I bid to the normal going rate, however it finally closed at $150, which was about 20 times the value. I sent the buyer an email asking what I had missed in the value of the item.

He responded that he was tired of looking for that item (I had bid on the last 5) so he just decided to get that one and quit looking.

Collector's VS Shooter's