In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C308 / HK91 / G3

7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys!

Six months ago, I bought a C308. I was planning to shoot it for the first time soon, so I figured I would check the bolt gap. The bolt gap on this gun was 0.7mm. The safe operating range of the bolt gap is between 0.25mm and 0.5mm.

I just sent CAI an email about it asking them to "make it right". Do you think I will have any luck? Or am I better of fixing it myself?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just had a thread close, regarding Century Arms. And their U.S. made HK 91 clones.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=698229

No offense meant, but you should have checked the bolt gap and test fired the rifle. When you first bought it. Doubtful that they, will do anything for you now.

After test firing it, if it doesn't work. Just get rid of it. Even if you have to take a monetary loss. Don't aggravate yourself. Over CA and their crap guns.
  • Options
    0rangeD0rangeD Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    I assume it came with a warranty, that probably covers more than six months.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    We just had a thread close, regarding Century Arms. And their U.S. made HK 91 clones.

No offense meant, but you should have checked the bolt gap and test fired the rifle. When you first bought it. Doubtful that they, will do anything for you now.

After test firing it, if it doesn't work. Just get rid of it. Even if you have to take a monetary loss. Don't aggravate yourself. Over CA and their crap guns.

Do you know what happens if your bolt gap is too large and you test fire it? What is the most common malfunction?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7.62x39Lover
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

Do you know what happens if your bolt gap is too large and you test fire it? What is the most common malfunction?

To me it seems that the two most common malfunctions would be either a failure to fire, or it may fire without locking in the bolt. The former is no problem, the latter sounds potentially dangerous. However, from how hard it is to charge the weapon it seems to be locking to me.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may also want to go to the HK forum and ask since it is an HK91 clone. They have a forum just for HK clones.