In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 70 winchester

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
I have a late model 70 Winchester that I am trying to find out what production year it is. Can't seem to find anything after the 90's. My serial number is G 303897 a featherweight 7mm08. I was told some of the later model 70's had a change in the bolt design that was a improvement over what they had been using and I am trying to find out if the year model I have would have included the newer bolt.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Are the winchester barrels used in last New Haven model 70. right hand and left hand versions identical? Put another way, can a RH 458 barrel be swaped to a LH 375?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen!!!!!A guy wants to sell me a model 70,,,30-06 for 250 dollar like new,,I mean like new,, serial number g2143236, experts please help,,what year is this gun? what is the book value on this gun? also it says the ranger style!!what is this???thanks in advance,,,Terry Malone
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What can you tell us about a Winchester, Model 70 in 220 Swift serial number 7xx. I know with out a picture its hard to tell value, the condition is about 90%. I would appricate any other info someone would want to throw in.

Thank,you

Emmett
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, starting in about 1992, Winchester started offering the Model 70 Classic, which had the Pre-64 Model 70, co0ntrolled round feed, "Mauser Claw" type extractor, just like the Pre-64 Models. They still offer both models, the push feed, and controlled round feed today.

Being that your rifle SN starts with a G, it realistically makes no difference when it was made...it is still a Post-63 Model 70.