In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Eye Cup for Bushnell Banner 3x9?

ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a used Rifle with 3x9 Bushnell Banner onboard. Scope is crisp & clear with Duplex reticle. It appears there may have been a protective eye cap or rubber trim on the back of scope as there is a ridge/channel that looks like something would snap in there. Diameter outside is 1.344" or 34.14mm. Any ideas? I don't understand why this groove would be in here except for something to lock inside it....otherwise why not smooth like any scope?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps a haze filter (yellow lens) would fit there.

Ask them http://bushnell.com/global/customer-service/contact-us

added Well at least they tried. +1 for a better scope the rifle deserves it.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should have a rubber-like insert to provide padding and prevent recoil eyebrow for those who crowd the scope, especially on heavier recoiling rifles. Contact Bushnell Customer Service, they will probably tell you to sent it in and will replace it, usually for free.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with 62. Should have a rubber insert. Call them and they will probably replace it free. Have dealt with Bushnell customer service several times and they have been excellent.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, that was a rubber eyeguard.

Several years ago I contacted Bushnell customer service with the model of my scope and they sent me couple of those eye guards.
    They get soft and fall off or installing/removing a lenses covers will destroy the rubber Bushnell eyeguard.

If that Bushnell BANNER scope is on anything that has more recoil than a 22 rifle you don't need a rubber eye guard you need a good scope.
  • Options
    ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did contact Bushnell and sent them $6.90 for the eye guard. It arrived and was too large diameter. Called back and tech said scope was made in 1983 and they no longer have the item I need. He recommended I get a "Butler Creek" lens cover if worried about "scope eye." Rifle is .30-'06 Remington Model 6 made 1980. Has irons on it so it was used without scope, or this one came later.
    Guess I'll get this back on and see if I can sight in. First the irons and then scope. I thought perhaps an O-ring would work too. Inner dia. of groove is 32.42mm, Outer dia. of eyepiece is 34.24mm. What Bushnell shipped me has inner diameter of 36.48mm. Too big..[:(]
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENBLOC
    I did contact Bushnell and sent them $6.90 for the eye guard. It arrived and was too large diameter. Called back and tech said scope was made in 1983 and they no longer have the item I need. He recommended I get a "Butler Creek" lens cover if worried about "scope eye." Rifle is .30-'06 Remington Model 6 made 1980. Has irons on it so it was used without scope, or this one came later.
    Guess I'll get this back on and see if I can sight in. First the irons and then scope. I thought perhaps an O-ring would work too. Inner dia. of groove is 32.42mm, Outer dia. of eyepiece is 34.24mm. What Bushnell shipped me has inner diameter of 36.48mm. Too big..[:(]

Welcome to Bushnell CS department. Let me help you out with our junk.

I have a very bad taste left in my mouth from the Bushnell CS.

I'll not say any more. Them Bushnell CS people should be ashamed of themselves.[:(]