In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's with Claridge S9 prices ?

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
I know people like to have movie guns, but what's with Claridge S9 prices? Absoulutely insane.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This goes back years. Some folks, just have to have guns, either owned buy or used in show biz. I always considered it a joke. But it's a big thing to some people. And they are willing to pay really big bucks, to get their hands on these guns.

Years ago when some old beat up clunkers from John Wayne's production company "Batjac" were sold. They got bought, at what I considered ridiculous prices.

There was no documentation, that he personally owned or used them. Just that they were used by his production company.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I know everyone wanted AMT longslide .after the Terminator movie. I am amazed with pricing on Claridge S9 pistols. Some sell for a ton of money and some sell for 500.00-600.00. Are ones more rare than others ?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a on-line reference, to the movies they were used in. Some over 25 years old.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Claridge_Hi-Tec/Goncz_GA

I guess the one with Arnold, is the most common. Personally I wouldn't wipe my butt, with anything associated with Arnold. But that's might, just be me.[:D]

Funny story associated with these pistols. While living in PRC, years ago. I met this guy Goncz the designer, at the Fish Canyon shooting range. He bent my ear for about 15 minutes. About how the Claridge's stold the gun from him. And how he was going to sue them

He had one the original Goncz's with him, and showed it to me. Way to heavy, for what it was. Didn't impress me much. Just another drive-by special, that would be of more interest, to the ghetto dwellers, then anybody else. Kind of funny, that thy are bringing really big bucks from Arnold's fans nowadays.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any idea what one would expect to pay for a Claridge Hi-Tec stainless S9 in decent shape ? Box does not matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone with ideas?