In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Superposed - Belgium Re-worked

VonFatmanVonFatman Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
My father passed this spring and I have his 12 ga. 1935 Browning Superposed - Pigeon Grade over-under. I remember him bringing it home as a kid. He bought it from a customer for $300.00 in the mid-1960's. He hunted many years with this shotgun. I can still smell the gunpowder when he cracked it open after dropping a rooster!

Several years ago...(10-15 years ago perhaps) he sent the gun back to Belgium to be totally re-worked. He told me his dealer sent it to a group made up of family members / descendants of the original craftsmen who worked for FN or as a subcontractor to FN when the shotguns were originally produced and engraved.

Well, after going through boxes of papers I have yet to find any paperwork showing this was done or what exactly he asked them to do to his shotgun...but I will say the gun is like new now with every engraving re-done and the wood re-cut...it's like a new gun now.

My question. Would anyone know who in Belgium does this work (name of a company) and how to contact them. I would dearly love to get a letter from this company (if still in existence) listing the work that was done and when it was done.

A long shot I know. I have been in contact with Browning's historian and have a "letter" en-route but he was not able to help me regarding the contacting the company who did this magnificent re-work.

Thanks in advance

bob

Comments