In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bricks ?

David ReavesDavid Reaves Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Everyone calles Ruger pistols bricks .Is it a top heavy issue or appearence. Glocks and Sigs appear similar but no one complains about those high pricer products???Just curious!!

Comments

• Options
    slidder12slidder12 Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    refers to the weight of the weapon...if you fail to hit what or whomever you are targeting..you can always throw it at them..plus in my hand most rugers feel like bricks anyway...just my own feeling...glocks and sigs are more compact and much lighter..course my preference is an HS2000 anyway..
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not handled the Rugers (except revolvers), but am very uncomfortable with the Glocks (but I don't care much for any of the polymers). It is all pretty subjective. The important thing is that you be comfortable shooting your new Ruger.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks like Rugers; some don't. Same thing is true of every other brand. The finish may not be as polished as some of the others and very few of their models reach out & "grab" me, but I've never had one that wasn't well made and dependable.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    The proof is in the shooting. Ruger makes a quality product. It may not have the snob appeal of some others, but it works.I have in my PD arsenal a Ruger P85 that is many years old. Its only purpose is to serve as a range weapon for Citizens Police Academy classes. I NEVER clean it; all I ever do is oil it occasionally. It never jams or otherwise fails to work.I never liked Rugers centerfire autos much until I became acquainted with this one.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree Nunn. My KP-97 is a good shooter and when it's empty I can still use it to hit a goon upside the head.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my Rugers. Attended advanced pistol course last weekend with my P85. The class shot an average of 750 rounds each through various drills and scenarios. The one revolver and the two Ruger semiautos suffered no malfunctions; however, the remaining three semiautos (S&W,Glock&HK) suffered several malfunctions each. Fair to say that some of the malfunctions were caused by shooter error. I often get "Oh, you shoot a Ruger....I don't like them and wouldnt waist my money. Funny that I remember a fellow saying "Oh, you drive a Ford....I don't like them Chevy is the best." I personally like my reliable bricks-that's my opinion and preference.
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when the cards are delt i would rather have a functioning "brick" than a stove piping yada yada yada