In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Swiss Gun????

robob69robob69 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I Have an old swiss rifle that was given to me sometime ago and I am wondering what it is and if it worth anything.It has the Swiss Logo on the Main Body and some numbers that read "68560". this number is on the Barrel and all the Internal parts of this gun. the rifle has a very large bore and it has a rear site that is varible in elavation.The rifle is Bolt Action and has an internal magazine for what looks like about 5-6 shells. the rifle's Bolt and trigger work. Unknown if it fires.Please get back with me if you may have any Information on this rifle.Thank you.Robert ButlerConroe, Texas.

Comments

• Options
    wiredogwiredog Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a straight pull bolt action with bakelite knobs or a ring on the side of the bolt? If so it may be a schmidt rubin. go to www.swissrifles.com and look around maybe you can distinguish which model you have.
    I spent all my money on guns, women, and beer. The rest I just wasted.wiredog70@hotmail.com
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a Swiss military rifle from the black powder period in cal .41 rimfire. Look at the bolt face and find two firing pins on opposite sides. Would have tubular magazine under the barrel a la Marlin and Winchester. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    robob69robob69 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rifle I have is so close to the Vetterli series model number 1869/71 but mine has a shorter barrel stock... they just alike besides that..thanks. Robert