In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daewoo 51

leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Anybody have any experience with one of these 9mm pistols? I have a chance to get one at $225, with two 13 round clips. The price is good, how is the reliability of the gun? Thanks.

Pass on the tradition, teach a kid to shoot.

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello "lead"

I do not have the 9mm but I do have the DH-40 in 40S&W. It is the only autoloader that I will trust my wife's life to. The "Triple-Action" allows it to be carried by pushing the hammer forward on a loaded chamber. As soon as you touch the trigger the hammer will fly back into the "cocked" single action ready position and normal trigger pressure after that will discharge the arm. Everything is single action after that just like a Colt 1911.

I can't speak to the reliability of the 9mm model, but the DH-40 has never had a hiccup and can shoot better than I can hold at 15 meters.

Best Regards
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I guess you can't endorse it any better that, I only give my wife the best too. Best car, best gun, best husband....you know.

Pass on the tradition, teach a kid to shoot.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I purchased four of the DP-51 9mm pistols from Nationwide Sports back in September 1993. The price then was $249.90 and the pistols came with one 13rd magazine. These were imported by B-West in Tucson, AZ.
    I sold the first three pistols but found the tri-action so interesting
    that I kept one for myself. Adams description of the tri-action on his .40 is identical for the 9mm. You get the benefit of double action with a single action weight trigger pull. Very nice and fast. The double action pull however is rather heavy, but with the tri-action feature you will not use DA very often. Otherwise these are good solid pistols. Fit and finish is nice, but not outstanding. I've fired all types of 9mm loads through mine and it never missed a beat.
    The asking price for yours sounds good to me ($25 below dealer- ten years ago) and the two hi-caps are a nice bonus. I'd say buy it.

Mark T. Christian