In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinion on eagle 30 rd 10-22 mags

bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
What is the scoop on these? I have used Ramline and Butler creek mags with good success, but these appear" cheap." Anybody else have any experience with these????

Comments

• Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Most people familiar with 10/22 mags would rate them higher than Ram-Line mags and about equal with Butler Creek mags. Some consider them the best. They have some nice features the other magazines don't have, such as the steel rear locking pin, the clean-out door, and the single stack design. Single stack mags are considered inherently less prone to jams than double stack mags.

Depending on the firearm you use them in (the Tec-22 and AMT Lightning being other guns that take 10/22 magazines) I think they are close to the best or the best. To me (excluding drums) the steel lipped Butler Creeks are the best and the Eagle next. But again, it depends on the firearms. Neither of these is superior to the Ram-Line if used inthe Tec-22 pistol. In fact, the Butler Creeks will fail miserably in the Tec-22. For the Ruger 10/22, the Eagle is a fine magazine.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 30 rd Eagles ($9.95 each, give an idea how long I have had them). They have worked really well for me. I especially like the clean-out door feature.

redcedars
  • Options
    Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    Have 3 Eagle mags, all have worked without fail in whichever of 4 10-22's I use them in.