In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NCstar scopes

pavehawkpavehawk Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
Any feed back on these scopes? Tight budget so price is important. Was looking at the 6-24x50 for a 22/250 varmint rifle.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if the NcStar scopes were any good. I have one but have not yet had any problems. Just wondering if anyone has.Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anybody purchased one of the scopes ,can they handel weather, vibrations for the gun, do they hold there zero[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any tests or recomendations on these scopes. I have one on a 17hmr but wonder if they will hold up to a 223 or 243?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any good? I'm looking at their 4x32 pistol scope to use as a scout type scope on my M48.

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has any one ever used ncstar scopes they come with a full lifetime warranty and they are pretty cheap. Any help would be great.

"A good scope can end a bad situation"
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put one of there multi dot panoramic sights on a ruger super redhawk and had to echange it for another as it would not adjust then the new one I put on would not hold zero. In short I have not been impressed with Ncstar's quality and I truly believe they are a very cheap product, notice I didn't say inexpensive.
  • Options
    mauser_centralmauser_central Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got an ncstar on a semi .22 rifle . it holds zero and looks ok. i wouldnt put one on a meat getting gun under no circumstances as i dont think it could take the recoil and stay zeroed from what others have said.

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe
    ~ Jesus Christ [Luke 11:21.6]

Mauser Central

GunParts & Supplies @ Wholesale

MidwayUSA
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of their red dot scopes. when I first got the scope, I had to send it back because when I would adjust windage it would move the elevation, and when I would adjust the elevation it would'nt move at all until I shot.

I sent it back and they honored their warranty, but I would recommend a BSA or Simmons for red dots in the same price range. However the ncstar does hold up to the blast of my pump 12 gauge.

"There are those who make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say, what happend?"

AC Tactical
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The yare pure junk as you have seen here just from 2-3 replies.

Marino Firearms Inc.
    Hancock, NY 13783
    gunslinger13783@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DJAbbyDJAbby Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately I have had several (or better put they have had me). Absolute P.O.S. Learned the hard way trying to save a little money. Will not hold zero. Will not adjust either windage or elevation and hold it! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks fella's thats what I pretty much figured.If it's to good to be true then it is. Thanks again for the Info. Pavehawk
  • Options
    durocduroc Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had two, one on 30-06 and one on 45-70. 30-06 twenty rounds something came loose inside, got all fuzzy, no adjust. 45-70 twenty rounds, got all fuzzy, no adjust. NC-Star 2, me zero..in the trash.
  • Options
    39ford39ford Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A freind had one ,a 24 power with the lighted recticle the picture left much to be desired everything is out of focuse.but the lighted recticil was cool.i dont know what kind of scope your looking for or what kind of budget you have for this item. If you are looking for a long rang scope on a buget i will reckamand the bushnell banner 6-18x50 ao .they work great with very few problems as long as you dont have it on a mule[:D] or a 300 weatherby.I had to replace mine twice just becouse of the 300.Then i moved on to a 4-12 bushnell trophy (i think)and never had that problem again.the 6-18 is about $125 and the4-12 is about $70 and i got both at wolly world.I know everyone loves leupold but i just couldnt spare the green.But the good thing about bushnell is that you get more than you pay for,with hand loads and either scope i got 1'' groups at 200 yrds all the time. hope this helps
  • Options
    sr338sr338 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hate to say this... both of mine have been okay.
    Both are on AR15s, so the recoil isnt terrible. the eye relief sucks when its dialed all the way out, but everything else is okay. I mean if you're on a tight budget and you're looking for a plinking scope, its not a bad idea.
  • Options
    hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend that is a gunshow dealer, that bought over $3000.00 worth of NC-Star scopes, because the profit margin was really good. BOY, HAS HE HAD PROBLEMS WITH RETURNS, the common problem, is that they don`t hold zero and can only be used on low caliber weapons.Some of the words in his comments about these scopes, aren`t even in the english dictionary m #!!?&^_@*ERS.