In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Burris Signature Select Scopes

B_McB_Mc Member Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have been looking a the 3-12x44 ballistic plex. I was just wondering about the parralex adjustment or lack off on this scope. If it does not have the parralex adjustment then wouldnt the ballistic plex reticle be almost useless?

Comments

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would it be useless? It is basically a bunch of crosshairs as you go down.

Ex. If you zero at 100 yards, the next line down may be 1" high at 200 and then the next line might be zeroed at 300 and so on. When you buy a Burris scope with a ballistic plex reticle, it comes with a bunch of charts with different calibers & bullet weights. You could even make your own custom one as well.

Jon
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're worried about it go to the 4-16X44, it has parallax adjustment.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carbine100
    If you're worried about it go to the 4-16X44, it has parallax adjustment.

I recently purchased one of these and it is a great scope. I was shooting at 550 yds with it today. I have never shot at anything that far away before and I was actually hitting the target. It must be the scope [:D]
    Regards, MAALOX