In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W revolver boxes

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can a S&W expert tell or show me the correct box for a 1984 production N Frame Model 29? I'd like to find a vintage box, but want to get the correct era box for my revolver. Would a 3 in. gun come in a different box than a longer barrel revolver? Thanks

It is very difficult to find what I am looking for. Wish this gun had its original box.

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should have a blue 2-piece "Bangor Punta" box; there are a couple of minor variations.

I'm not sure of the box size for a M29.

Neal
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Neal said a 2 piece blue box should be correct and yes, a 3" would have come in a shorter box than a 6".
  • rogerreloaderrogerreloader Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 29 came in a wooden box with a screw driver and a wire handle cleaning brush. The inside of the box is a blue felt on a plastic formed back.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogerreloader
    My 29 came in a wooden box with a screw driver and a wire handle cleaning brush. The inside of the box is a blue felt on a plastic formed back.

It was originally built as a Lew Horton 29-3, but that year, 1984, Horton couldn't take delivery of all produced so it was sold to Southern Gun Dist in Fla...so I wonder if it was still in a wooden box?
  • marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 29-3 3" barrel I bought new, serial # prefix AAM, it came in a box like the one pictured in this auction 142598132, only shorter in length to match shorter barrel.