In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

7.62x51

ikedaikeda Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Have a whole pile (700-800 rounds) of Venezuelan 7.62x51 (green box headstamp CAVIM) that won't cycle my M-1A. I suspect it was for FAL's (not sure) But I'm not sure if I should go out and buy me a bolt gun to shoot it up with. Been wanting a Sav 110 in .308 anyway.

Question is Buy the bolt gun, or have it pulled apart and reloaded to US milspecs?

Comments

• ikedaikeda Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is all this Lake City 7.62x51 ammo coming from? It is obviously loaded for the military because it is coming linked in the MG packs with tracers. Can this much stuff be disappearing from the ranges etc. It is generally not that old and since we are still involved in a couple of shooting wars, surely the military is not surplusing it out yet???
    Any ideas??
    edited November -1
    Hi just picked up 669 rds of 7.62X51 it's israeli headstamp tz80 & tz87 gave 210.00 for it .31 a rd. has anyone shot any ? How does it shoot ? I have shot israeli 7.62 but it was a long time ago back in late 70's when I was with the RLI worked fine in our fn's. Thanks joel
    edited November -1
    Just traded for some 7.62 military ammo. Head stamp reads 7.62x51 and L O F N 1970. Just exactly what do I have here? Thanks
  • ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where are you seeing "all this" ammo. It is not seen around where I am. It is probably the so called XM Federal stuff that was on the market a few years ago or it could be ammo lifted off some Military base. Where are you seeing it, and what is the price?
  • WarGamesWarGames Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ammo guy
    Where are you seeing "all this" ammo. It is not seen around where I am. It is probably the so called XM Federal stuff that was on the market a few years ago or it could be ammo lifted off some Military base. Where are you seeing it, and what is the price?

Repeat question.

WG
    edited November -1
    Try looking thru the ads on gun broker. There is tons of it for sale...at outrageous prices. No it is not Federal, I know the difference between Federal and Lake City.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that you mention it....I have bought quite a bit of that linked ammo, every two years or so... Is the US military releasing it every so
    often....Where DOES it come from?????[?]
  • grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    be careful shooting this stuff in your riflesbecause it is hotter than normal rounds. If it is linked it is for machine guns and quit hot. [:)]