In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Value?

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
[?] I have a Parker Hale, Model by UGARTECHEA, made in Spain, 20 Ga. side by side shotgun, with a fancy walnut stock. Can I get an idea what is worth? It is is excellent condition. I only used it maybe one season for a few rounds of skeet and some sporting clays.

claire f walton

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a mid-50's Sheridan Silver Streak. I know nothing of airguns and was wondering could you fine folks offer any advice as to what i perhaps could sell this for or should i even restore it and hold on to it since they seem to be of higher quality and scarce? Seems to hold air and fire fine , only wear and tear is simply age and useage. Attaching several pics to further assist and again thank you.[url][/url]http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UAUTOLOGIN_ID=69791566309&collid=69791566309.788198603109.1165929821048&page=1
    edited November -1
    Okay, I purchased an XD9 and gave it to my dad as a gift to replace his aging home security system, which he then gave me with explicit instructions to sell.

I want to know what this gun is worth; its an H&R Model 733 snub nose revolver, fires .32 long. It hasnt been so much as touched in just over 20 years...hes never even kept it loaded, save for 1 bullet. It is silver, has a barrel maybe an inch long.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    Let me start by saying, I know nothing about either of these guns. I'm trying to find the value of them for a lady whose husband died recently & wants to sell them. OK...with that being said, I know it may be difficult to get an actual price, but any help is appreciated.

Gun #1: Side by Side Double Barrel in Good condition
    Info on the gun
    N.R. Davis & Sons
    AJAX
    Davis Warner Arms Crop.
    Norwich, Conn. USA
    Under fore arm: D1562

Gun #2: 22 cal. in Poor condition
    Info on gun
    Wards Western Field
    Model 33A
    Short, long, long rifle

Thanks in advance!
    edited November -1
    I built this rifle for a good friend of mine about 25yrs ago. It's an 03-A3 converted over to a left hand action, Douglas barrel in .264WinMag, Redfield Widefield 2x7. It's had maybe two boxes of factory and two boxes of reloads put through it. Action is butter smooth, and the rifle is a tack driver. He may put it up for sale.
    These are all the pics I have of it right now, and none of them do the wood justice. The high gloss was causing problems with my flash. I plan on getting some better ones in the sunlight where this thing really lights up.

LH03-A3001.jpg
    LH03-A3003.jpg
    LH03-A3002.jpg
    LH03-A3004.jpg
    edited November -1
    I just received a couple of double barrel shotguns from my dad's estate. First is Forehand-- hopkins & allen... I damascus steel..some checkering on the wood
    don't seem to be able to locate a serial #.. pretty good shape..
    2nd just says Moore and Co London.. ornate metal work might be damascus too? not sure..
    He had over 50 dbl barrels.. but these were the 3 i liked best.. Can't tell you anything on the third yet.. can't find any names.. but the metal is very ornate pretty will post when I find something!
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have an old pump shotgun ..it is a stevens savage 12 guage. It has a 30 inch barrel and is in very good shape. Any idea what the value is?
    edited November -1
    FIE side by side 410 gauage..made in brazil.any idea what this gun is worth?
    edited November -1
    Am responsible for a Beretta silver snipe 12ga o/u. Can't seem to locate a book that lists it's possible value. Any comments?
  • badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    You are correct the pics don't do the wood justice. It is one of those things you have to have in hand to really appreciate.

Value will be a combination of who you are (well known gunsmith or just a guy who does quality work) how good the wood to metal fit is how good the bedding is, how good the checkering is, where it is, who wants to by it, how bad your friend wants to sell.

The market for left handers is hard to predict. 264 Win is still being offered by Remington and Ruger in thier current line.

Ballpark would be 500 or so, more if the all of the conversion is quality (name, wood, checkering, fit, finish, etc.). Again, hard to tell from just the photos. It looks like a really nice piece of work

The scope neither adds or detracts to value.