In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

winchester 52 bolt

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Need advice on how to disassemble a win 52c bolt

Comments

• DokeyDokey Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a "Browning 52" rifle earlier this year. It's a 1990s remake of the 52B. I got it "almost" LNIB for under $500.00. The "almost" is because bolt handle has scratch or two in it from rubbing against the scope during cycling.

I've bought a replacement bolt handle from Numrich, it's a "Browning 52" part and should match up perfectly. I plan on refinishing the present one in a matte and keeping it as "just in case". But either way I need to disassemble the bolt, slide off the bolt handle and then replace it.

I can generally take apart and reassemble anything related to guns once I get instructions, can't seem to find any on this. How the heck do I disassemble the 52 bolt?

Using the attached schematic, do I compress the mainspring and expose the pin, the drift it out, slide off the bolt handle? Any tricks to this or "bolt tool" required?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Browning-33164/Rifles-35561/52-38560.htm