In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An easier way ?

skychaser53skychaser53 Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I built mt first stripped lower !!! and it shoots [:D][:D]
I had trouble getting the trigger pins to line up, couldn't hit the hole. Is there an easier way to do it ?

My 12 year old grandson helped me a lot ! I couldn't have done it without him..[:)] He like helping.

I drove 30 miles to the hardware store. The one where you can get a wheelbarrow of tools for 15 bucks and I picked up a bunch of punches

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes when your reassembling guns, it best to use what is called a slave pin to line up holes. This is a pin slightly smaller in diameter then the original with a taper filed on one end. Once you got the parts in correctly with the slave pin, you very carefully insert the correct pin in place by carefully pushing the slave pin out. Use cheap Chinese drills from the hardware store to make slave pins.
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a punch the same size as the pin, put the punch through, put the pin on the end of the punch and use the punch to guide the pin through the holes.

Emmett
  • skychaser53skychaser53 Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help ! I'll try both methods.