In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NR Davis external hammer.

JeepflexinJeepflexin Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi group. Why is this listed at $750.00?

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=142450988

Pipe dream or legit?

I ask because I have one that is numbered 38 and seems to be in better condition than the one in the auction, I thought I had a $100-150.00 wall hanger at best but it looks cool so I hung it over the fire place. Is this something that really has value or might one day have value?

Your insight is appreciated.

Comments

• lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a wall hangar to me but I'm not a scattergunner enthusiast. Personally, I have an old double barrel Stevens that I can actually shoot that is worth a whole lot more then that one.

YMMV

Dan R
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Someone is dreaming IMHO but maybe something is special about it that I'm not aware of. $100 would be all I would bid on it.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Talk about an Ugly Betty!

N.R. Davis... Known for mostly utilitarian firearms. Also a very few nicer firearms, and this isn't one of them!

A fairly early model. Damascus. Did I mention ugly?

A $150.00 wallhanger.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Davis became Davis Crescent and the rest is history, about a trillion utilitarian firearms built, and if they ever built a fine grade gun, it has not since seen the light of day. I paid $160 for an exposed hammer double crescent, marked New York Gun Co., and that was because it was a friend.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder nord, and I don't see this one as quite as ugly as you, but I would not give over $100 for it either.

In a couple of years someone will post a link to this gun on the occasion of it's 100th re-listing.