In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Garand en bloc clip codes

goodbreadgoodbread Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what the codes on the bottom mean. I realize they are the manufacturer's stamp but have never seen them translated. I have some that are marked SA and I believe that would mean Springfield Armory. They did make some of their own clips. I have at least one clip with the following markings: AGE1, DAQ, BR-W 2, (also with 3,4,5,&8), S13, AEC 3, MBZ.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    Several years ago there was an article in the Garand Collectors Association Journal that was written by a guy who'd dedicated an enormous amount of time and effort into cracking these codes. He published a huge list of manufacturers along with their corresponding codes and you could probably get the GCA to send you a copy of that article.
  • goodbreadgoodbread Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Mark
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goodbread
    Does anyone know what the codes on the bottom mean. I realize they are the manufacturer's stamp but have never seen them translated. I have some that are marked SA and I believe that would mean Springfield Armory. They did make some of their own clips. I have at least one clip with the following markings: AGE1, DAQ, BR-W 2, (also with 3,4,5,&8), S13, AEC 3, MBZ.

Item in blue, above:
    BR-W should be Borg Warner. I have a 15rd M1 carbine magazine 20rd M14 magazine made by Borg Warner marked thusly. Good luck on the rest! Best, Joe

EDIT-Product Correction