In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weatherby scope question

beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello Ya'll I picked up a Weatherby scope at a yard sale. Scope is marked Weatherby Imperial 4x81 has german fence post and cross hair. Bottom of scope sez made in germany.Scope is nice and clear with some handling marks. How are these scope's and what do they usually sell for. Thank you.

Comments

• beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a German Mark V that included a 2.5 x 10 Weatherby scope. Does anyone know about these scopes? Two turrets on the top. One turret seems to be windage and elevation combined and the other seems to be a focus adjustment. Is that right? Also curious to know who made them for Weatherby. Quality, etc. Thanks
  • beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I mistakingly listed this in the want forum. I have a very old Weatherby 2-7 variable that I think pre-dates the Imperials which came about 1955. My scope dosent have the adjustmrnt turret. the power and focus are located on the eyepiece bell. The odd thing is that when the power is turned the crosshairs rorate with the bell. Can anybody provide info on this scope.

weatherby2x71.jpg

weatherby2x72.jpg

I got the other one to work...
  • 22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be of interest to a Weatherby rifle owner if it is in good shape. IMHO these aren't great scopes although they may have been ok in the '60s and probably compare with others of the period. They were made in Europe, probably German, although I don't know that for sure. I've had several over the years and put them on Weatherby rifles but eventually traded them out for better quality optics. The Weatherby Supreme scope seems to be of better quality to me (later production and from Asia; Japan I think but never could nail down who actually built them). You can find Weatherby Imperial scopes on the various auction sites; use to show up fairly regularly on fleabay. Probably worth less than $100 unless in NIB condition.