In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Webley & Scott Model 1908 Pistol 32 ACP

gto364cidgto364cid Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was wondering what price these pistols are going for in good condition these days?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • gto364cidgto364cid Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, don't have any pics, I saw one in a gun store. It looked good with most of it's bluing in place. Store owner told me to make an offer, I'm wondering what would be reasonable.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gto364cid
    Sorry, don't have any pics, I saw one in a gun store. It looked good with most of it's bluing in place. Store owner told me to make an offer, I'm wondering what would be reasonable.

Demand creates value, specially nowadays when everything is in the toilet. The small caliber Webley autos, are little known and little collected here in the States. If it's factory original and functional my WAG is that it would be in the $150- $250 range.

I have observed during the last 11 months, that some of these guys that deal in guns think the nobama gun/ammo/component panic has affected everything. They have doubled the prices on all their old clunkers like this Webley and expect folks to be kissing their butts for the privilege of buying them. Like the geezer I ran into at the flea market yesterday, he had a NIB Ruger .22/45 that he had priced at $500.
  • gto364cidgto364cid Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For $150-$250 I would take it, but you're right, asking prices are high.