In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ithaca flues barrels

swampthing36swampthing36 Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Years ago I bought a 20 gauge Ithaca flues. It needed a stock and the barrels seemed very pitted on the inside. the barrels are steel not twist. Am at a point in my life where I are finishing projects that should have been done years ago. I want to restore this old shotgun. If the barrels can't be honed out, could they be sleeved? All the gun needs is a buttstock and the barrels shaped up and I've got a very lightweight bird buster. Please advise.

Comments

• KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the last gun show I attended in Hickory NC a little while back I saw an Ithaca Flues with a split frame. I inspected the firearm and eerything else looked good. If the guy still has it at the next show in Nov. I can probably get it for around $100 and sell you the parts you need.
  • swampthing36swampthing36 Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by knifeusercollections
    At the last gun show I attended in Hickory NC a little while back I saw an Ithaca Flues with a split frame. I inspected the firearm and eerything else looked good. If the guy still has it at the next show in Nov. I can probably get it for around $100 and sell you the parts you need.
    The frame was split? Wow, wonder what the store was behind that. If the barrels are not pitted inside and out, I'd be interested. Thanks for your note!