In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

94AE take two (1 of 100 & Colt Anaconda)

gunnerysongunneryson Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I had to repost as a "Take 2" so here are the photo's for the Colt just in case no one saw them.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a little confused. Colt made a run of 1,000 of these for the American Historical Foundation, & they came with a wood case.

Does yours have the wood case? What is the serial number?

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=141362104

Neal

EDIT: Well, first let's settle the 1-of-100 issue; your gun's SN is LE0359, which makes it 1 of at least 359. I suspect that you just misread the label on the blue plastic box, & it really says 1 of 1000.

AHF never sells guns with "options"; it's the "package" that has the perceived value. My guess is that your dad got a good price on it second-hand because the original owner lost/damaged the wood case. Or, maybe there was some flaw & AHF sent the gun back to Colt for replacement, & they resold it. Sometimes Colt has overruns of special editions & commemoratives & sells them through a distributor, but the higher serial number of the complete gun package listed on the auction indicates that is not likely with yours.

Whatever the case, I think the estimates others have given you are accurate. Just be sure to describe your gun carefully when you list it, noting it does not include the case.
  • gunnerysongunneryson Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I'm a little confused. Colt made a run of 1,000 of these for the American Historical Foundation, & they came with a wood case.

Does yours have the wood case? What is the serial number?

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=141362104

Neal

Wow! That's a really nice case. Not sure why it's came in this plastic blue case then. My dad wasn't a true gun collector & probably bought these 2 firearms because it brought up personal memories but he was very meticulous about keeping all original boxes, receipts & this is how I found both firearms when cleaning out the home.

The serial number is: MM67732 with another string of numbers below it: LE0359

Maybe you had to pay extra for the wood case? If so I know my dad well enough to know that he wouldn't have cared about having the wood case if it cost an ample more on top of the gun price itself.

Hope this helps.
    Let me know what you find out.