In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heaters

georgia239georgia239 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Tell me about Amish Heaters advertised on tv. Have 12x30 building will it heat?

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Don't believe all you see on TV..
    I doubt it will heat a area that big...
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Build a double barrel wood burning stove.
    BTW, the Amish don't use electricity, so how can they recogmend one that runs ON electricity? They also don't believe in/allow their photographs to be taken (the biblical "graven images" thing), so just how many real people of the Amish faith do you think are in the advertisments?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just out of curiosity, why would you ask about heaters on a gun board instead of a DYI board?

Since you did ask Amish don't build electric heaters that look like TVs.

Can you say misleading advertising? Can you trust a product so advertised? 'nuff said.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Heaters on a gun forum. They did call em heaters in 1930's gangster movies.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the Amish are just assembling the wood cabinets.

Inside is an electric heater. Doesn't matter how they tout it, how they deliver it through quartz or rocks, an electric heater is limited by the capacity of the circuit. If it is a plain plugin to 110 AC, it will be 1500 watts, period. That will not heat a 12x30 building around here. It is about half enough for my 12x12 shop on a cold day.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought he was talking about pistols of the 1930's...

Get a good propane heater for the top of a BBQ sized propane tank and stay toasty.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    My mother-in-law
    has one of those.
    Not even nice to
    look at
  • Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you get 2 of the oil-filled radiator heaters available at Walmart, or most anywhere, they will heat your shop nicely-if you leave them on all winter. They will not warm a cold shop up quickly, but will warm it and maintain it if left on. No fire hazard, either.
  • OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1500 watts is just about a strong toaster. Might warm your feet on a chilly day.

OleDuk[:D][:D]