In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Belgium Browning

jazznanniejazznannie Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me how to take the forearm off the barrells on a browning belgium 28 gauge superimposed...if i pull out the little lever the fore arm just slides forward a bit...others i have it comes completely off the barrells...Helpppppppppp please

Comments

• jazznanniejazznannie Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is a Belgium Browning O/U, 12 guage-modified/full shotgun in excellent condition worth?
    edited November -1
    I got a belgium-browning 12ga and just wondering about some info on it like when it was made. Not interested in selling would like to use it. It has fabrique-nationale herstal-liege on the side
    acier-special on the barrel looks like a 5 digit number where the shells go in starting with 23
    several markings on the barrel what looks like a man another man over letters PV what looks like a crownover the letters e lg and a star in an egg circle. any info on the gun would be cool
    thanks
    edited November -1
    is it possible to have a factory installed white line pad on a 20 ga belgium auto 5? just picked up a new/unfired one, no box and was wondering if not factory, how much would that hurt resell/investment value.thanks
    edited November -1
    i have just bought a custom built browning fn mauser in 375h&h in mint cond. with a bull barrel. engraved in pewter. any one know a value? carl

<P>
    edited November -1
    I am absolutely ignorant of info in this field. I inherited a Belgium Browning 28 gauge skeet/ skeet O-U shotgun and am trying to put a resale value on it. It's been " guesstimated" at everything from 4K to 40K. A local gun shop has one in good condtion for 7500K. Mine is excellent. Any help appreciated!
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you need the money badly, it would be best to hold on to it until the economy turns around. It's strictly a buyers market nowadays. Check the on-line gun auctions to see what Brownings are actually selling for. Unless your willing to cut somebody a screaming BIL deal, those multi thousand dollar prices are just pipe dreams.
    edited November -1
    Thanks,I don't doubt my gun is at the lower end of the spectrum but would like to know value.I can hang on to it if needed.No like guns found on online auctions to date.Appraisal estimate?
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What model and grade is it?
    Browning makes multiple grades of each model, increasing in embellishment and cost. Once they were Grades I,II,III,IV,V, and VI.
    Then they got descriptive and there were the Standard, Pigeon, Pointer, Diana, and Midas Grades. Later still, they became simply "Presentation" guns, P-1, P-2, P-3, and P-4. Then they went back to the familiar old named grades. Phew.
    It will take pictures and a serial number for anybody here to know just what you have. But rufe is right, values are low now, sit on it if you can.
  • MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the gun is blued and without any gold it is a Standard Grade 1 28Ga. The next grades up...Pigeon, Pointer and Diana were of a satin-grey finish and highly engraved. The top grade, Midas was blued with gold trim...also highly engraved. The 28 was available in either a hunting or skeet model...both in all grades. The skeet model had a white bead about half-way down the rib and may have had a Browning recoil pad...not sure on 28's.
    edited November -1
    Cabela's currently has a Grade 1 Skeet 28Ga asking $6999. This gun in 1966 sold for $420! If I really wanted that gun...I would try to buy it for $4000 and offer no more than $5000. It is a buyers market! Who knows when things will turn? If you have a "feeling" or love for the gun...I would hold on to it...shoot it and maybe pass it on. If it's just something you now own and have no feeling for I would sell it...If you choose Gun Broker...I would start by setting a minimum of $4000 and see what happens (assuming it is a standard Grade 1)...You will then see what kind of market it has. NO, I would not be a bidder!...I am just giving you my honest straight opinion as to what to do. Good Luck! I have noticed a LOT of very nice Superposed 20's still sitting for $2500-$3500. A 28 is worth more...but I don't think DOUBLE...at least not these days!
    edited November -1
    Hey, thanks! Mine is very much like the one on Cabela's except I understand it's a Diana. That one is a Pigeon. I have no attachment to the gun but will hold on to it until the market rises more. I do have the serial number- 2089 F8. Does this help identify it as Diana?
    I also have an older Parker- 12 gauge Double Barrel- patent date- March 26, 1878 and 5 more. Any info on it?
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jazznannie
    Hey, thanks! Mine is very much like the one on Cabela's except I understand it's a Diana. That one is a Pigeon. I have no attachment to the gun but will hold on to it until the market rises more. I do have the serial number- 2089 F8. Does this help identify it as Diana?
    I also have an older Parker- 12 gauge Double Barrel- patent date- March 26, 1878 and 5 more. Any info on it?

It would certainly help if you were able to post some clear well lit pictures of these. Actually the more pictures the better, and we need to see some close up's too. That is the only way we can come close to a proper evaluation.

Best

EDIT 1

There is some more info we need, being that it is a Diana grade and a 28 gauge. That is the serial number to date it...if it is a round knob pistol grip, that means it was made pre-1966. If so it is worth a tad bit more.

Best
    edited November -1
    Will do as soon as possible. A friend is storing them for me since I don't have a secure place to keep them.
    edited November -1
    The 28Ga Superposed on Cabela's is a STANDARD grade for $6999
  • OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Annie, you need to be sure of what you've got. If it's a Superposed that's one thing. If it's a Citori, that's another. They're both O/U's. The Citori is a lower priced gun Grade for Grade, and it will say Citori on it somewhere. You need to have it/them appraised by an honest dealer to get a realistic value. If you want to research prices yourself, get your self a couple of copies of the Gun Digest (I think it's now called) which is a tabloid type gun sale newspaper sorta kinda. You can find 'em at Barnes and Noble.
    The advice from the others is pretty straight; you've got at least one valuable gun!

OleDuk[:)][:)]