In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.22 Kurz?

calypso8ballcalypso8ball Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I inherited some old boxes of German .22 Kurz. The cartridges have what looks to be a centerfire type primer in the rear. The rim at the rear of the brass appears to have been crimped around the metal which makes up the primer.

The box says:

RANDFEUER SINOXID PATRONEM
CAL.22KURZ
RHEIN:WESTF.SPRENGSTOFF A.G. NURNBERG
RAUCHLOS ROSTFREI

Can anyone give me an idea of how much these are worth? Thanks.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is quite confusing? "RANDFEUER", means rimfire. "KURZ", means short.

It appears from the markings on the box, it should be just standard .22 short ammo.

It shouldn't have a centerfire primer. Could you post some photos of the ammo please? The only .22 centerfire ammo that I'm familiar with is the velo-dog stuff. Perhaps someone in the past put some velo-dog ammo in the box for some reason?
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would need a good clear photo, both profile and case head (scanners work great for this).

Rufe
    There are 22 short CF cartridges, but I also agree with your translation of the box information
    10-3-09002.jpg
    10-3-09001.jpg
    22 short RF, 22 short CF (22-3-30 Rook), 22LR RF, 22 XL CF (22-4-30 Rook), 22 XL RF, 22 Mag.
  • calypso8ballcalypso8ball Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's some pictures, sorry they're not great, but I had to make do with my cell camera. Just as a side note, the bullet attracts a magnet, weird huh?

http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/photofiend_1/
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like you said, low grade photo's.
    There were rimfires made that used a dished base, to try and insure that the priming compound stayed in the rim.

The bullet sounds interesting, from what I could see in the photo's I took it to be a shotshell.