In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

double stamped

redgatorredgator Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a Savage automatic model 720 made in Utica NY 16 gage shotgun. on the barrel where the info is located it has been double stamped that you can't make out what it says - does that make it worth more?

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guns are not like coins, so No, it does not... if anything, it slightly reduces the value. Double stamping and mistamping on firearms is a clear sign of poor workmanship and quality control.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    No, probably not to much unless you find the right collector and still I dont think it would be much. Now if you find a double stamped coin that would be different. [;)]
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    got me by 2 seconds Bert!...[:D]

That is because you are old & slow... unlike yours truly[;)]
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    There are a few guys out there who collect new in the box guns with unusual stampings/markings, but even if you find the right buyer you are not looking at a big premium. If your gun is used then you are looking at nothing more than it's shooting value.