In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage 25-20 Model 23 Peep Sights or Scope Mts.

dfoglekydfogleky Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
OK experts, I have one for you. Anyone know where one might find peep sights to fit a Savage 23 in 25-20? It is predrilled for the sights. However, I would really like to find a rear scope mount that would fit these predrilled holes. If I could find that, I can put a front ring mount in the dovetail for the rear factory sight. Any ideas? Maybe I could modify a mount that has the same screw hole distance? I would really rather not drill the receiver. I just bought this rifle which is in pretty good shape. I don't want to hurt the resale value in the event I decide to part with it.

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was a Stith mount that installed that way... about 50 years ago. Not listed for the Savage in 1951, though.

Receiver sights Lyman 48Y, Pacific SA1 or SA2, Redfield 102 GG or GM.
  • richardaricharda Member Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    Savage themselves also made (MANY years ago) a micrometer-adjustable receiver sight for their Model 19 .22 target rifle which will fit the factory holes on top of the Model 23.

No-one currently makes any peep sight or scope mount that will fit the factory peep sight holes on the 23. Except for (maybe) Stith, who went out of business in 1960, no-one ever made a scope mount to fit those holes.
  • I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of these peep sights on Savage NRA Match rifles and they have been really rare for 40 years. Saw one for sale about 15 years ago for $125. That's more than I paid for a rifle with one on it!