In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TZ-75 Tanfolio 9mm/41 AE handgun

FishcaptnFishcaptn Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have acquired the following:
A TZ-75 Series 88 semi auto pistol.
It has both a 9mm barrel and a 41 AE(Action Express) barrel, both clips for each caliber, hardcase and cleaning rods. It appears to have been shot very little. I als have the 41 AE die set and some brass for that caliber also. The whole set up looks to be in excellent condition. Does anyone have a value on this gun and extra barrels and accessories? I know it says this is an Italian made hand gun. Appreciate any insight on this hand gun please.
See pics at: www.fishcaptain.homestead.com
Thank you
Fishcaptn

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were imported and sold for only a short time during the late 80's time frame, by a Co. name FIE in Florida. FIE went out of business during 1990.

Best to hold on to it the ways things are now. Being you got the cased set with extra 41 AE barrel and mags, dies, etc. It will make a collector happy when the economy turns around.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made by Tangfolio and basically a CZ 75 design. A 41 AE has been sitting at one of the local gun stores for about 2 years, price (I think) is $495.00 and I've handled it. Seems like a nice little gun, I guess the reasoning was to have a 9mm sized case head with a 40 cal case/bullet and an interchangeable barrel.

I think I'd use the 9mm barrel mostly, the 41 AE once in a while. I like odd calibers but losing brass probably gets expensive.
  • mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the fella that did Action Arms was behind the .41ae. No one campaigned the caliber so it was left behind by the 10mm,which was left behind by the 40s/w. The CZ came from a communist country. So the surcharge tax was very high. Tanfoglio received the rights to make it in Italy and it was imported to the States. I believe before FIE Excam was the importer now it is a EAA Witness. At first EAA would unofficially support the FIE .41 as they had the same thing. As time went on EAA dropped the .41 as there just was no market after the 40 came out. Get a 40 conversion from EAA because the .41 will hammer the heck out of your 9mm gun and yes that is what it is. I have a ported long slide and I love it. I also have a Springfield which is the same gun with Springfield's name on it. Most CZ parts will fit. The .41 will eventually, as in kind of soon, brake the slide stop. I also found that the protruding inside piece (don't know what it is called) of the EAA slide stop is not long enough and it puts a grove in the follower and the slide will not stay back. The CZ slide stop is a little bit longer and does. CZ told me that Springfield sends all their guns to CZ to get fixed etc. Jericho is another brand and and I think so is the Baby Eagle, the mags will fit. All EAA conversion have worked very well on my FIE. Both 40S/Ws, 9x21, .22. There might be another one I just can't remember as I only use the .41 and the 40S/W. I did re spring the mags with Wolf springs and recoil spring from Spring Co. temporarily lost the original recoil spring. I have been told the power is between the .357 and the 10mm. Maybe, but I don't really care because it is just a fun gun to shoot.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have one of these that I bought when they closed them out about 15 years ago. I paid $350 for it at that time with a chrome finish. The Retail price was $700 at that time. If you want to reload for it, I have the best luck with 170 gr jhp bullet.