In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tradewinds Model 6128

allen avramallen avram Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone...A gentleman brought to me a Tradewinds model 6128 with a .222 target barrel...I so happened to find this action on this thread...http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=348710 nononsence had posted on 1/25/09 with black and white images for more detail...I have the same double trigger action, jeweled bolt...my question is does anyone have a picture of the gunstock that this action was placed in...I have to make a stock for this action...thanks, Allen.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TradeWinds was a importer/distributor located in the State of Washington, they went out of business years ago.

If none of our folks can help you with photos of the rifle? You might look in the catalog sections of the older Gun Digests from the 70's & 80's. This was when TradeWinds was in business. I recall they would have photos of of their various imports in these sections.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    This only serves to justify my life long commitment to never throwing away anything gun related! Here is a listing for Tradewinds from the 1971 Guns Illustrated, which shows the 600 Series Varmint, the only Complete Tradewinds rifle chambered for the .222 cartridge.
    [img][/img]img036.jpg

$170 back in 1971 would be close to $1000 today so these were not cheap!
  • allen avramallen avram Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone for your help...Allen.