In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

misprint on colt revolver Mk III

extremedealerzextremedealerz Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a Colt Trooper Mk III on the nuber Mk III it looks like IIi with out the period on top of the last. would this bring the value up or down and whats the value of the 4" .357 blued great shape

Comments

• givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Not that uncommon. It's called a 'broken stamp' firearm. If you emphasize it, it may slightly lower the price someone is willing to pay for it.

If placed at auction, show the firearm for what it is..a good, solid, nice looking gun. Show a closeup photo of the broken-stamp image, but ignore it in your product description.

Bottom line: Most likely it will value as any other gun of the same make/model and condition.

I'm not up to speed on the valuation of said firearm, but others will chime in on what they are running lately. You can also check closed auctions that have sold for the best 'trend' in current prices. Best, Joe
  • extremedealerzextremedealerz Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did have a S&W Model 10-1 that was marked Model 101 with no spaces. I spoke to Roy Jinks, and he minimized it, but when I sold it, the final bid was much higher than I had expected.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This type of question gets asked several times a year... here is a very recent topic of the same ilk - http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=408456